Guardian Chambers is a dynamic and friendly group of criminal defence barristers based in a lovely character building in Wyndham Street, Auckland City.
We require a Practice Manager to help us deliver the best possible service to our clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Setting up client files and ongoing file maintenance and updates
- Typing and formatting letters and legal submissions
- Liaising directly with courts and prisons to arrange appearances and client meetings
- Receiving and logging disclosure
- Answering the phone and greeting visitors (low volume)
- General office duties, including arranging couriers, purchase of office supplies
- Liaising with accountant regarding general matters
You will have a good eye for detail and an ability to prioritise when urgent work arises.
You’ll be energetic and willing to learn. Some knowledge of criminal court procedures would be an advantage but is not essential.
You may be a law student with a particular interest in criminal law, in which case we will do all we can to support and encourage your development.
There may be scope for flexibility in terms of hours of work/WFH but it is important to our practice to have someone on reception as much as possible.
Salary range $60k to $65k
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org